Bickering, knit picking over small things, sometimes imaginary

Driving means independence. I am now (almost 3 years out) able to drive about 10 minutes at a time. There are some days I know I cannot drive. I realize this is the opposite of your husband, but my guess is it's more about independence (being able to do things on his own) than about actually driving. Does he have any friends that might be willing to drive him to a library or a movie or something he can do solo? Not you, I'm afraid, as you represent his need right now.

I'm sorry. Not sure this is much help at all...

Laura

Thank you for your words of wisdom LauraK. I will take that into consideration, but friends close by, he doesn't have. His friends all live a far bit away. Just family close by, and not much patience there!! It's just a lack of understanding on their part.

He is seeing a new Dr. with a referral to a new Neurologist this afternoon. fingers crossed!

I might suggest to anyone struggling with brain issues something that I've been taking (on and off - as I do forget...) for about 4 months now. Melaleuca has a vitamin pack made for helping the brain. Although I believe it was formulated to help un-damaged brains, I have found some help. I obviously cannot presume that it will work for everyone, but it has helped me. I think. At least I've seen improvement since I started taking it. They have formulas for men, women and those over 50. It may seem pricey, but it's something like 8 pills in the morning and 7 at night. And I don't take prescriptions, so I look at it as my "medicine" money. Check it out if you'd like: http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore/Product?sku=981

Good luck to us all!