Fatigue?

Please tell me this fatigue goes away…???

I'm not nearly as fatigued as I was, but I do fatigue much easier. Of course, getting older hasn't helped either.

I'm not quite 1 1/2 years post-attack, and I get a little more done each day. The problem is that I push my limits which completely exhausts me for the next few days. It becomes a game of balance... and patience.

But a year ago I couldn't hardly do anything. I'm up to about 3 hours of regular productivity each day (laundry, etc.) If I break up the activity and rest between, I can actually do a bit more. But if I push it, well, completely exhausted.

I take heart in the fact that I'm up almost 300% from a year ago, even if it's just 3 hours.

Hope this is encouraging.

LauraK

It has been a year this month. Think I’m just to eager to be completely back to normal right now lol. Need to face facts this isn’t going to happen. On a bit of a downer today :frowning:

One of the hardest parts of all of this is the realization that maybe this isn't going to go away. Keep hoping for the best and doing your best. As a caregiver for my husband I long for him to get better, but I also have to try to keep him from sinking into negativity and hopelessness. Not easy as he feels no one can know what he is going thru. All I can do is make him feel he is not alone in this. You are not alone either, you have all of us and your friends and family that accept you no matter what.

Thank you ladies. Laura is there any way of trying to deal with patience as I do not have any?

Vicky,

HA! No, I have no patience either. Decades ago I prayed for patience, and I'm still waiting! The only thing I know (for me) is that there must be some reason. I hold onto that. I also hold onto the fact that no time is wasted. (Sorry, getting a bit spiritual here - but I've had to lean heavily on my faith throughout this ordeal.) I HATE wasting time when there's so much I want to do... but now cannot. I HAVE to wait. I HAVE to be patient.

I found a counselor who has helped. This is a life-altering illness and the emotions/mind/mental state should not be ignored during the healing process.

Do I know I'll make a full recovery? No. Do I hope so? Yes. Meanwhile I wait.

Did I mention this book? I happened to read Kevin Sorbo's autobiography right before this happened, and I've read it (slowly) a few times since. It's called "True Strength: My Journey from Hercules to Mere Mortal--and How Nearly Dying Saved My Life" and it has helped me.

This is hard - make no mistake - for both the injured and the caretakers. Maybe it would be good for the caretaker to go to a counselor and talk. This is frustrating and exhausting for everyone, and there are no easy answers. I heard a song on the radio the other day, and the lyrics really spoke to me "Press On" by Building 429:

"Sometimes this world starts breaking me down
I get so lost I think I’ll never be found
And there are moments of fear and doubt
Even the best fall to the ground

I am a mess, I am a wrecking ball
I must confess that I still don’t get it all
Lord I believe that all Your words are true
Doesn’t matter where I’m going if I’m going with You
I press on, I press on, I press on
When I still don’t get it

I see the world through my jaded eyes
I get frustrated when there is no Why
I put my focus on worthless things
Even the strong fall to their knees
God only knows what we all need

I am a mess, I am a wrecking ball
I must confess that I still don’t get it all
Lord I believe that all your words are true
Doesn’t matter where I’m going if I’m going with You
I press on, I press on, I press on"

I hope this helps. There are no easy answers, and patience is something of which I know little. And still I wait.

Good luck and press on!

LauraK

Thank you I’m very spiritual myself so I will give those a try. Thank you x