Staying positive

The feeling of “This is not fair. I haven’t even really started my life yet” has come back.
The last time I’ve had this thought was 5 years ago when I had my ADEM attack.

I’ve been so good about putting all my effort into keeping positive, even during early recovery stages (so good that it even surprised my parents and friends. they even thought I was delusional lol).

It’s becoming harder to keep positive when you feel like your body is shutting down instead of recovering.

I completely understand. I just passed my 5 year anniversary, and I was certain I’d be back working by now, but it seems my improvement is just so incremental with periodic setbacks.

All I can say is hang in there. Get through the bad days. Talk to your doctor about depression (common with these kinds of illnesses); some days I don’t need it… some days I need the max.

Also consider taking 3000 IUD of Vitamin D. I went to The Rare Neurological Disease Symposium last October, and they said it’s vital - especially for folks like us - to take Vitamin D. It protects the immune system as well as helping with mood issues (especially in winter when we don’t get enough sunshine.)

I hope this helps. Write back if you want.

Laura K

1 Like