Sharpe tongue

Does Anyone else find themselves saying what they think all the time? Good or bad? I used to control not saying things I didn’t like or who but now I have a viscous tongue an say what I’m thinking…

I too have noticed that change, but I write everything in a journal. If I didn't, and I said it, I would chase everyone away. Yes, I have noticed the Good also. Strange you would mention this since I have thought about the change a lot.

Sonie

YES! I have lost all of my filters/censors. I don't curse randomly, but if I get emotional, boy watch out! It's funny. My close friend and my husband (also a close friend) have both commented on my personality changing. I don't see it as such: I just speak my mind now instead of stuffing my thoughts/opinions down!

For me, it's been a great relief and an actual benefit to me - it's emotionally much more healthy to not suppress. At least for me.

Good luck,

LauraK

I don't have that problem...But it seems like my brain tends to stop in the middle of a sentence. I must sound like I'm just not too bright. The words are there when I start a sentence and then ...I must be having hiccups...

Absolutely! I find it ebbs and flows, sometimes I can't stop myself from jabbering on, other times I get stuck on a simple word (usually if I haven't had to use it since ADEM, which is rarer the longer I'm out of hospital). Also swearing a lot more than I used to which doesn't go down so well on public transport...

I really thought it was better to be out spoken but clearly it’s not, I’ve lost a lot of people by doing that but I have some friends that are outspoken and they don’t care maybe it’s the way I say it

I agree with you Laura k, it can’t be a bad thing can it

My mother-in-law developed this problem as an adjunct to Lewy Body Dementia and I noticed a bit of it myself after the ADEM episode in 2009. No longer a problem.

Deborah

Hi Lynn,

I too have that problem. Thoughts just disappear mid-sentence. So frustrating. Sometimes I feel like Porky Pig trying to get a word out. My brain can (sometimes) see it, but my mouth cannot say it!

LauraK

Lynn said:

I don't have that problem...But it seems like my brain tends to stop in the middle of a sentence. I must sound like I'm just not too bright. The words are there when I start a sentence and then ...I must be having hiccups...

I have that to Lynn, i completely forget half way through what I’m gonna say, there comes the frustration

Hi. My husband swore a lot before all this happened, but he does have problems articulating . It seems more that his tongue doesn't move the way it should, slurring kinda. If anything he has the pat answer of "I don't know" or "I don't care." It is frustrating to hear when I really want his input, but I am starting to think either he just can't make a decision or just doesn't want to, especially when it is trivial. Swearing is the least of the problems, and if people can't handle it then too bad.