Seizures

hello. I was diagnosed with ADEM in August but have had 4 seizures since February of this year. I worry every day that I am going ti have another seizure. Does anyone else have seizures due to their ADEM?

Hi Michelle,

Hope you are well today. Don't worry too much, it will cause you some troubles thinking about a lot of negatives. Seizures is one of ADEM symptoms. Just revert your thoughts to good ones and be strong. Hold on to your love ones beside you and always remember you're not alone.

~mary

Thank you for your response. It means a lot to me! I have days where i am perfectly fine and days where i think im going to have a seizure and its just because im thinking about it. I never do. They say theyseseiures are because of the lesions and the lesions are barely there anymore!

Hi Michelle

My son had ADEM last year and suffered seizures from diagnosis usually every 3-4 weeks with no know trigger, we were told these will hopefully go away as the brain healed. He has now been seizure free for 3 months and we are very hopeful this is due to the brain healing and this continues. Focus on the positive, the brain takes a long time to heal so it is still early days and you should still see many improvements

Hello. I am so glad your son is now seizure free for 3 months. I am now seizure free for 5 months. I was originally told that one of my lesions was big and was hitting my brain in tbe right spot to cause a seizure. How were his seizures? Were they minor? I hope my brain is healing as well. Is he on seizure meds?

Hi Michelle,

My son also had ADEM on the right spot for seizures, his were grandmal or tonic colonic whatever they want to call them and the would last a couple of minutes with a recovery time of about an hour, he also sometimes gets migraines after them. He is still on anti seizure meds and will be for some time yet as apparently puberty can set off seizures if the kids are predisposed to them. I have my fingers crossed it will be better from here on and hope you will be also

Michelle said:

Hello. I am so glad your son is now seizure free for 3 months. I am now seizure free for 5 months. I was originally told that one of my lesions was big and was hitting my brain in tbe right spot to cause a seizure. How were his seizures? Were they minor? I hope my brain is healing as well. Is he on seizure meds?

Thank you. My fingers are crossed as well. How did you son get ADEM? My doctor told me that it is very rare that people get a relapse of the ADEM so I am praying that it is over and done with.