Look for Paul's post ADEM and coma

Paul (@paul)is new to the site and would like to talk to someone who had been in a coma. Could someone please respond to his message. Thanks! Lynn

1 Like

I was in a coma for about 4 days in late 2009. I remember only 2 things: A coworker came to see me and prayed for me. And, I remember someone asking me over and over if my name was Betty (my name is Judy). Turns out that was a nurse asking.Thats all.

1 Like

Hello I am more than happy to talk to Paul about my experience being diagnosed with ADEM in early 2015, being in a medically-induced coma, and my experience after. Please feel free to get in touch with questions! Take care.

1 Like

I pose this response with great respect and sensitivity:

ADEM people have “lesions”. Lesions are acquired brain injuries. We have a lot in common with Traumatic Brain Injury survivors. I didn’t have a coma, but I reached out to them and was welcomed with open arms. We have a lot of commonalities because we both had brain injuries.

A lot of people there went through comas, too. Maybe you will find some more people there on Ben’s Friends Traumatic Brain Injury group.

1 Like