I'm writing a story

Hey gang,

I've decided to try and write a story/screenplay about a couple whose perfect lives are impacted by ADEM. I'm setting it in London for various reasons. I'm unsure whether or not the two will survive as a couple, perhaps leaving it open. (In case you are wondering, I actually am a writer - my production partner and I were working on many startup projects before my attack. I'm now trying to get back on track, albeit slowly.)

If you are willing/interested in contributing to the story, please feel free to email/message me any details. It is a story of fiction, but I will be using real events/situations to bring ADEM to light.

I'm specifically looking for details about the health system in England and challenges faced by couples dealing with the fallout of ADEM.

I'm not trying to pry, glorify or villify, merely to bring this disease to the public's awareness.

Thanks,

LauraK

A "novel" idea, Laura. Best of luck with this project!

Please keep us informed on your progress of the story. Good luck.

Lynn

Heya! Excellent idea! I considered doing something similar but I can't write a sequential diary anymore, let alone an actual screenplay...

Anyway, for my part, I livein London and was treated here (Charing Cross Hospital) and my girlfriend could not have been more supportive. It's only now, many months on, I realise what a toll it took on her. I've been concentrating a lot on myself, but I've been so lucky to have someone supporting me to such a huge degree - I both realise that I have been very fortunate in this regard but also that she has given up a great deal just to bring me back to an even keel. I think it would be great to see some kind of representation of how tough it is for families and friends (also just for the record, major kudos to my Mum and Dad) as well as how tough it is for us.

Good luck to you! And I look forward to see how it progresses.

All the best,

Tom

Hey Tom!

Thanks for the response. I would be greatly interested to know details about your hospital visit/stay/rehab in London. I can only speak to mine in Nevada, and I know everyone has different experiences. Feel free to email me privately if you'd like, but I'm curious about: were you admitted immediately? Did they test first? How long were you there? How quickly were you diagnosed? Was rehab in-hospital or did you travel to rehab after you were released? Were you able to walk before you were released? (I was told I could not go home unless I could get around with a walker at least.)

Thanks for the help. Definitely want to get the word out.

ALSO, do you think you can get a copy of the David Tennant film RECOVERY about a man who gets a brain trauma? It's from the UK and I have no way to even see it over here.

:D LauraK

Hiya - will DM you re the details.

With regards to the David Tennant film, best I could find was Part 1 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVRpluHci68 and part 2 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0DCg49GR30 - hope it works!

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks so much!