Relapse of ADEM

My daughter has a relapse of ADEM lastweek…this round it seems more serious than last first when she was diagnosed in Nov.She’s still not awake after 5 days of IVIG…Doc is giving her 40mg of prednisone and 500mg cellcep each day
The effect seems very slow and she is having fever on and off for last three days,no antibiotics is given as there’s no evidence of virus infection
…Anyone has the Same experience? Except Neurologist, is there any other experts can help her?

Hi Kristy. My name is Lisa. sorry to hear about your daughter. I don't know about relapse. My son was just diagnosed with A.D.E.M last November and still trying to deal with those issues. I don't know how old your daughter is or where you are from, but put out information and maybe someone here can help you. good luck and let us know how she is doing

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your reply .My daughter is 22 years old this year and we are from Singapore.Apparently this disease is rather rare in Asian. Not sure Singapore has any.I am trying to get more information about the disease and trying to find out who are the experts can help her.Right now she under one neurologist and he just said wait for the inflammation to go down.

Wish you well I was hit with Adem in April 2015 Steroids didn’t work for me but I was in toront western and you should ask about plasma exchange