Diet for ADEM

my friend has currently admitted because of ADEM what kind of diet does he need?

The Ketogenic diet is best according to professionals. It’s an anti inflammatory diet. A friend of mine in the US started it a few months ago and has raved about it ever since.
Hope that helps. Research it first though x

if a patient will have this kind of diet then are we also going to consider what kind of fat? to avoid further complication.

Malet,

For Diet, I have experienced the best results from going Plant Based. This helped me heal faster.

There is plenty of protein in plants.

Sonie

Caveat: I am not a doctor

Food and Supplements that are decrease inflammation, curb depression, and maximize neurotransmitters:

• DHA & DPA
  • Folic Acid
  • Ginger
  • Inositol
  • Magnesium (maple syrup, nuts, raw baby spinach(
  • Phosphatidyl Serine Matrix
  • Selenium (brazil nuts)
  • Seratonin (half cow mlk have black tea and sugar or whole grains foods)
  • Turmeric
  • Vitamin B Complex (chicken eggs, cereals)
  • Vitamin D3
1 Like

Some people have gene variations that make it hard to metabolize folate (single nucleotide polymorphisms or SNP’s). Folic acid is the man-made version of folate and can make things worse. Methylfolate is the best choice so read labels.
Functional medicine testing will reveal genetic uniqueness and how to balance your body, which will enhance your body’s ability to heal.

Hi there voigh040.

It looks like there is a lot of sound common sense in the article you have posted. However I think it needs to be said that functional medicine is not evidence-based medicine and big claims can be made without any real evidence to back them up.

Here at Ben’s Friends we recommend that members consider complementary approaches carefully. Lifestyle changes and improvements can help considerably, of course they can. But there are, unfortunately, plenty of examples of recommendations for supplements and remedies that are contraindicated with conventional medicines. And there are many practitioners who call themselves ‘doctors’ whose expertise and knowledge falls far short of what we expect from conventionally trained physicians.

I have moved this discussion to the Complementary Therapies category, which I think is the best fit.

Christina from Moderator Support