I'm frustrated and confused

Robert actually did have the plasma exchange and IVIG, steroids and one chemotherapy treatment. He has been going through this for 3 1/2 months, half of that time he was comatose. He is improving a tiny bit every day. He still can’t speak but he nods. His left brain seems to have taken the biggest hit. He can use his left hand and is starting to use his right a little more. He right arm all the way to his fingers (his right ring finger is curled under but before they all were, big victory). He can hold a cup and drink through a straw. I’m just working on celebrating all of the small improvements.

Hi M.H,
Thanks for your reply…My daughter this round is an aggressive relapse.last round ivig worked well, but not this time.
.is very encouraging to hear that PE will work… I am so worried She has been in hospital for,15 days.Dr thinks that the PE should work…

Hi Laura,
I am from Singapore.It is a small country.When I sent my daughter to government hospital…they couldn’t diagnose.
The private hospital in Singapore is very expensive…till date the bill has accumulated to 50k Singapore $.

Hi Kris, Hope your husband is slowly improving. I have just updated my son's health status. In a month's time it will be about 1 year. But is lesions only stopped growing in November 2015, he was diagnosed in April 2015. Progress is very slow but there is some progress.Please read my son's progress status under "What's new with you in the "Discussion Forum section". I hope it will be a source of comfort to you that there is light at the end of the tunnel

Hi Kris how is everything? Coming along ok?
M H

Hi there. Robert is progressing every day. He is in a rehab facility where he could remain for potentially 100 days. I’m hoping they can get him to a one person assist so I can being him home. After 4 1/2 months he is still 100% dependent for all activities, he can’t speak or walk BUT he is standing with assistance for 30 minutes at a time. He responds with nods. They have removed his trache and although he still has the feeding tube they are not using it (just leaving it in until he starts gaining weight. I’m grateful for every improvement and hopeful that someday I will have my husband back. I’ve been looking for tools to help him with his motor skills if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear. Thank you all for the support

Kris,

Glad to hear that your dear husband is making progress. Hopefully you will have him home soon. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark, Moderator

Thank you for the update Kris; that is great to hear.